Friday, March 17, 2006
We are pleased to announce the release of the first issue of the new journal
Evidence Based Library and Information Practice. EBLIP is open access, peer
reviewed and is the first journal to focus specifically on evidence based
practice in the information professions.
http://ejournals.library.ualberta.ca/index.php/EBLIP

In addition to the valuable Evidence Summaries section, this issue also
contains research articles, papers presented at the 3rd EBL Conference in
Australia, and EBL Conference abstracts.
Feel free to forward this announcement to other listservs and colleagues.
Lindsay Glynn , Editor-in-Chief
Denise Koufogiannakis, Associate Editor (Evidence Summaries) Pam Ryan,
Production Editor

Labels:

Posted by Library Staff @ 7:20 AM   2 comments

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2006 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally got around to perusing this journal and I was impressed. The journal focuses on ALL types of libraries, and there were two medical library articles in the first issue. If you register you are able to comment to articles. This could be a very interesting feature. I recommend this journal.

I was a bit disappointed that there was no RSS feed for this journal. I have difficulty remembersing to look for new issues. I'd rather have the information pushed to me. I haven't registered so I don't know if you can get the TOC emailed to you that way.

I would be very interested to hear what others think about this new journal.

 
At March 28, 2006 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alexia,

We're happy to hear that you are pleased with the first issue of Evidence Based Library and Information Practice.

We are using the Open Journal Systems software to publish the journal and it currently does not yet include an integrated RSS feature.

However, if you register with the journal as a Reader, you will be notified via e-mail when new issues are publisher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home