Wednesday, April 04, 2007
While reading a post in Squidoo on Infodoodads I stumbled across Brian Gray’s treatise on Using Web 2.0 Principles to Become Librarian 2.0. As an aside, Brian Gray's Squidoo page is an excellent source of basic Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 information.

On that site I ran into CiteULike, a site that “CiteULike is a free service to help academics to share, store, and organise the academic papers they are reading.” I am constantly running into articles I think would be of interest to other medical librarians, and see many postings on medlib-l sharing their articles. It stuck me that CiteULike would be a great place to serve as a repository or our serindipitously or otherwise obtained articles. I have created both a profile and a group (Health_Sciences_Librarians) to facilitate this sharing. I am encouraging all to join CiteULike (all they ask for is a username, passoword and email address) and join the group (it’s open to all for now).

For more information on CiteULike, including some basic instruction, see the post on my blog.

Labels:

Posted by Anonymous @ 2:48 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home